Arg! I hate making decisions! So I want some input from my "readers"
The situation: A lady in the ward is in need of a babysitter. She has two little girls that aren't in school yet. She needs a babysitter from 6:30ish am till 5:30ish pm, four days a week. The older girl goes to preschool at noon so its just the little one (she's a year old) in the afternoons.
Why I want to say Yes: 1. It gives Madilyn someone to play with in the mornings. 2. A little extra money 3. It keeps me firm with my rules and on schedule (I don't allow so much TV!) 4. They have had a hard time keeping a babysitter-they've had 4 permanent sitters in the last year, not counting the in between sitters (like myself) that just watch them when one quits or can't do it one week. 5. I am at home all day anyway and it still gives me my Friday's off for my town day. (I almost feel guilty because I CAN help, I just don't want to because...
Why I want to say No: 1. Do I have to sign up with the state as a registered babysitter, especially since I'll have to claim it as extra income on my taxes...if so will I even be making enough to make it worth it? 2. It makes for a long day, except for when I get all three kids to nap in the afternoon AT THE SAME TIME 3. I don't want to be tied down, especially when Ron calls and says Hey, do you want to come with me to do...whatever? 4. Ron doesn't like the feeling that other kids are here so he can't pop in for a minute during the day...or if he gets done with work a little early and doesn't have time to get a good start on another project he can't just come home early, he thinks he has to wait until they leave.
So tell me what you think!

5 comments:
You know what I think because we talked about it earlier. But I think you should do what's best for you and your family. From experience, I would not babysit. It's hard on me because I don't get much done during my day and then I tend to be a little grumpy at night when everyone is home. That is why after winter, I am done babysitting. YIPEE!!!! Also, when we finally decide to start getting together again, it would make it hard. Hope this helps :)
I don't think I could babysit that much. Maybe if it was only 2 days a week or if it was just in the morning or the afternoon. That is going to make for a lot of long days.
However, the money is tempting! Especially because you don't have to leave your house or find babysitters for your own kids.
I'm sure that you could handle it if you wanted to.
Good luck!
I wouldn't want to do it because I like having the freedom to go and do- when I want to go and do! Depends on how much you want to be tied down I guess. Good luck with your decision Brittney. Just remember, do what makes YOU happy!
That's a really hard choice. Personally, the family would have to be paying me an awful lot of money to have the children for 11 hours a day!! Is there a way you can split the time between you and another family? Like you have mornings and then someone else has afternoon? I wouldn't do it--I have a hard enough time taking care of my own and not going out of my mind!
I do 2 days a week. I love having the money it is fun to buy all the extra. The only draw back is if the kids don't get along. Ashley and the little boy Clark that I watch can get really mad at each other so by the end on the second day I am ready for pull all my hair out. So my thought is just make for sure that is what u want because it is lots of work. But can be very fun and rewarding.. Let me now what u decide..
Post a Comment