Apr 10, 2010

SPRING DRESS!!


Madilyn LOVES her "Spring" Dress

I finally finished her dress this week. 
Madilyn says its "BEAUTIFUL!!"

It was really fun to make.  I've never done anything like this before.  It was defenatly a learning experience. 
I learned:

1. If you're in a hurry you're gauranteed to mess up.

2. Even if you have good intentions of starting early, when it comes down to it, you'll do most the work in the last week.

3. I'm grateful conference was on Easter Sunday this year, and I live in Idaho where we get to stay home in our jammies all day, instead of going to a stake center in dresses!
-or Madilyn wouldn't have had her "easter dress" to wear-
so we've changed the neame to her Spring Dress...

4. I LOVE having projects (with deadlines) to work on!!
(I actually finish them in a timely manner!)


3.  Pam knows all the shortcuts
-and how to fix my mistakes-
-even the ones I cried over because I thought they were totally unfixable!
 She's amazing for putting up with me!
THANKS PAM FOR TEACHING ME!!!

Madilyn is So excited to wear her dress for the first time tomorrow!!  Which makes it so much better!!

7 comments:

Janice said...

very, very cute!!! it's hard to make dresses but you did a really good job!!

Mendel Family said...

I am so impressed! I could never do something like that! The dress is darling, and she looks so much like her dad in this picture :)

Angela said...

great job! She is beautiful and the dress is perfect on her.

Kirstin said...

Wow, you are so crafty! I don't think we can possibly be related...everything I make looks like a lumpy sack cloth!

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

It's beautiful!! You did a fantastic job! :) Way to go, Mommy Brittney!

Brianna Tuckett said...

Oh my goodness!! That dress looks AWESOME!!! I am well, shall we say, sewing impaired. So, I am VERY impressed with your skills :) Very pretty! :)

Melanie said...

I agree with Madilyn, her dress is beautiful. Nice job!