Jun 26, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Ok.  For those who have not heard of bountiful baskets its AMAZING!  Its a Co-op that runs along I-15 and has several stops here in East Idaho now.  My friend Kristin tried getting me into it about a year and half ago.  But the only stop in Idaho was over 2 hours away! :(  SO...Its finally made its way up here and there are TONS and TONS of pick up sites now!  I've been wanting to try it for months, but haven't been on the ball enough to get it done! 

All you do is
 pay $16.50
 go to the pick up site with your laundry basket
and you get tons of fresh fruit and veggies!

Every week is a surprise.  This week we got:
1. Really Big Stock of Celery
2. Swiss Chard (yah, not sure about that one)
3. A LARGE head of leaf lettuce.
4. A bag of baby carrots
5. THREE red onions
6. TWO avacados
7. SIX plump tomatoes
8. ONE large bunch of grapes
9. TWELVE plums
10. ONE bunch of bananas
11. ONE cantelope
12 EIGHT apples

I don't know about you, but I LOVE having fresh fruits and vegetables around the house!  I haven't been buying them because we have tons and tons of canned peaches and pears!  But FRESH is so much better..and this is a STEAL!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I've heard about bountiful baskets before, and everytime I do, I swear to myself to remember, but I ALWAYS forget!! I think I'm going to put it on the calendar now! Thanks for the reminder! That is a GREAT deal!

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you are finally able to get one close by! I got mine today and it had the exact same things that yours did... funny huh? Enjoy your FRESH fruits and veggies!

USA said...

Yay! I know you talked to me about this about a year and a half ago!!! My mom just called today and said she got her one too!! I'm thinking I'd better look into it. I'll get info from you later! AWESOME!!

Jessica said...

It's pretty awesome, huh?! It's tough for me to remember about it on Monday nights too so we should help remind eachother!
The last time I got swiss chard I found this recipe: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/community/recipe-exchange/UserRecipeDisplay.aspx?group_id=1&user_recipe_id=315883
but made my own variations... sub elk steak for filet mignon, didn't have rosemary, sub 1/2 onion for shallot & 1/4 c beef broth for red wine. It was pretty good, although I think that I liked it the least out of everybody. David asked for 2nds!