Jul 29, 2010

And the diagnosis is....

CARTILAGE

As you can see...the bone is becoming FAT or (in BF language)..getting some chubbers on it!!
 It's filled with cartilage and is stretching out the bone, making it weak and more prone to breaking. 
SO, LUCKY ME! 
I get surgery Monday to remove the tumor (yes that is the real name for it, but it makes it sound a lot scarier, so I don't like to say it) and replace it with bone marrow from my wrist.   

3 comments:

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

Oh Brittney!! I hope it goes well. Is it an outpatient surgery or will you be there overnight?? I wish I could be there to help watch your kiddos for you... Keep us posted!

Jessica said...

That is craz-o! I've never heard of that before! I'm a little out of the way but I'd be happy to watch your little rascals! We could have LOTS of fun! Good luck!

Angela said...

OH MY GOSH I was so right!!! Whats my prize?

with all joking aside, what a bummer. Does this mean Ron gets to wait on you while you recover? I hope healing is fast and your kids are angels. Good luck