Not, sure if I've mentioned this before, BUT my dad LOVES to go on drives! That's what Sunday afternoons were for in our house growing up. DRIVES! Dianna still doesn't appreciate them and I think if she had known what Ron and Dad's plans were for this particular drive, she would have stayed home without even thinking about it!
It was Ron's birthday so we did pizza and presents for lunch then started our EIGHT HOUR journey!
First we went through Palisades.
-Another of my dad's obsession is DAMS!
On the way back, we stopped in Swan Valley and got some YUMMY square ice cream! MMM!
We ate it on our way through Victor and Driggs, up to Island Park!
TETONS
Doesn't this picture just FREAK you out!
It did me too!! Then I realized it was only like a 3 or 4 foot drop!
The GANG!
Finally to Mesa Falls! Landon was SO happy to walk RUN around! He went up and down this little hump about 15 times while waiting for everyone to use the restroom!
Although, he made me a little TOO nervous!
He had to get his picture taken just like big sister...except I didn't trust him! He'd tried more than once to climb UNDER the fence!
HA HA Ronald! You're too SLOW!
After a million back roads, when I say back roads I mean the DIRT roads! We finally made it to
Warm River
where we got to feed the fish seagulls!
and play around!
Madilyn DID NOT want to go! She wanted to stay and follow the paths around the rivers! So Landon grabbed her by the hand and led her to the car!
...maybe we went through Island Park after all this?? I'm really not sure, but then we went home through Killgore-more dirt roads!!
Dad LOVED it!
Mom on the other hand was a little restless!
Dianna did a great job entertaining Madilyn, but I think she'll think twice before spending much time with in the car!
Such a fun day!

4 comments:
I am with your Dad- love trips like this! Looks like a great time!
Wow what a drive! I love Island Park. I have pictures of us standing on that same bridge with the water fall behind us. It may have been a long drive, but at least all of your surroundings were beautiful!
How fun! I love Sunday drives too, but that's a pretty darn long drive! Pretty but LONG!
Your fire pictures are pretty neat. I'm glad it didn't get too close to your house. It's really weird driving West on 33 and seeing the line of blue sky into smoke.
Rusty's family is all about the "drives" too! However, my mom and I agree that if you aare gone long enough to miss more than one meal it's a trip! We are not the best long drive girls, but I'm getting better :) Glad it was a good day! I love that loop! :)
Post a Comment