Aug 10, 2010

Ronald's Garden!

I haven't spent nearly as much time in the garden this year as I did last year...maybe its because its not quite time for canning yet! But once again our garden looks amazing, and I have to give all the credit to Ron! He's the one that calls the shots!!

This picture was taken in July

This is our garden in August:
I have picked and chucked our first crop of peas (over a grocery sack  full!) and cucumbers (a couple dozen?) since I started this blog on Saturday.  The peas were ready the week I had my surgery and by the time I got out there to pick them the peas were bulging and bitter, and the cucumbers were getting soft and not good for pickling.  The very last rows of corn are now actually taller than Ron.  He can actually walk through it and you can't see him!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is VERY impressive!!! I am not a gardener. I really hate weeding. REALLY.

I love your post about Landon staring out the window at a mud puddle. That's just too cute!!

Angela said...

I want to be like you guys. Next year I think I will just do whatever you do. Our garden isn't nearly as big (which is fine) but its not producing either. except for zuchinni. way to go!

Brianna Tuckett said...

Your garden looks sooooo GOOD!!! Way to go Ron :) Good job for picking everything and taking care of it Brittney! I have learned that that can be quite the chore!! :)