Sep 24, 2010

Brittney is Climatized!

As we were walking to the library for our usual library day enjoying the beautiful fall weather, I happened to notice the temperature on the high school marque.  It read "56 degrees".  Here I was with my 2 little kids, WALKING to the library, NO JACKETS, just enjoying the cool breezy day. I thought to myself, MAN! No doubt about it!  I have definitely climatized (if that's a word)! I can clearly remember what 50 degrees felt like 10 years ago in high school, when we were stranded outside on the soccer field ALL day long due to a bomb threat.  It was FREEZING cold!  Everyone was bundled up in coats and blankets and huddled together just so we wouldn't FREEZE to death!  I look back now and laugh because even in the winter or spring time it can warm up to 30 degrees here and I think its WONDERFUL and WARM enough for only a light jacket...and that's only because the wind is always blowing!  I still can't handle the cold as well as Ron can.  But I can honestly say "RONALD, whether you think so or not, I AM climatized!" 

2 comments:

Lundholm Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lundholm Fam said...

It's about time! Glad to see you're a true Idaho girl now. :) Cute pic of your family. Miss you guys!