Its amazing how fast your life can change in the blink of an eye! You get going on your normal day to day life and don't think about the changes and who you are becoming. In the last seven years we have dealt with many changes. When I started dating Ron I never expected he'd be the one.
Things changed.
We dated.
Got engaged.
Got married.
Lived in a tiny apartment for the first six months.
Moved to what I thought was the middle of nowhere, Idaho. (Terreton.)
Served in the nursery, primary, and now YM/YW.
Started a family.
Finished school.
Was the JV cheer coach.
Babysat.
Had baby #2.
Made great friends.
Enjoyed having family around.
Learned to do home canning become self reliant.
And all the while we were making plans and dreaming of ways to accomplish them.
Then, in the blink of an eye an opportunity comes that you can't pass up.
For the last four (at least) years Ron has been looking and hoping for a new job. Preferable farming. We've been able to farm a little on our own, but it hasn't panned out the way we've hoped, and has never gotten us to where we want to be.
But, TODAY, he quit his job.
He will no longer working for a corporate farmer.
He leaves December 1 for North Dakota.
He will drive water truck for the oil fields.
No, its not a glamours job.
It will be tough for the family, especially the first couple months before the rest of us can go with him, but its what we feel is the right decision for us at this time in our lives.
We will miss the community we are in and having family close by. It is an adventure that I never saw coming. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. It doesn't feel like its reality and it probably won't until Ron leaves us in 2 weeks. We can't wait to be with him in a couple months!

9 comments:
TIME OUT!!! What????!!!!! That is crazy-ness! I'm really shocked and don't know what to say! It sounds like a crazy adventure but I'm proud of you guys for going for it.
When we got married I told David that I didn't ever want to move away from my family. Now I'm starting to regret that. I'm afraid that David could have made so much more of himself in that time if we weren't here. I absolutely LOVE my family and I'm so grateful for all that they do for me but I still wonder "What if..."
So be brave and know that we (I'm speaking for all of the Rawlins family) love you and support you.
BUT you'd better be one dedicated blogger because we sure are going to miss you!!!
CrAzY! I can't believe it! I hope that Ron will enjoy his new job... We're all going to miss you and your little family out here!
So when you told me this morning, I cried. Not only are we now 4 hours apart, but we will be states apart now. It will be tough at first especially with Ron there and you and the kids still in Idaho. I know how that will be. I am excited for you guys but at the same time, I wish it was here to WY.
I wish you guys the best and I hope you keep in touch. You are such a great friend to me. I will miss you guys! (I already to because we moved)
oh man...I was just about to plan a summer vacation to the middle of nowhere, Idaho :p
What an amazing adventure you are going to go on! I am sure it will be harder then anything else you have done, but ussually its the hard stuff that pays off. I hope Ron likes his job and that it help gets your family to where you want to be.
I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers over these next few months that they will fly by with ease and things will fall into place with moving. I sure hope you guys are teogether for Chrsitmas.
WOOP WOOP for adventures!
Congratulations! That is so exciting! I feel like mud lake needs to change the population sign though with everyone moving :). Moving is a struggle at times and so rewarding. it is anew adventure and a great growing time. Good luck, keep us updated!
Oh my goodness! What an adventure you have ahead of you :) I am sad that you will be much further away, but I can't wait to hear all about it, so you better keep this blog updated! Good luck with everything, we love you guys!
I can't tell you how it breaks my heart to think of you guys leaving us!!! Over the last little bit I have really grown to respect, appreciate, and admire you Brittney! I know that this will be a good opportunity for your family and I hope all works out so that someday you guys can return to us!! Until then I will enjoy you all while we still have you, be happy for your new adventure, but be VERY reluctant to let you go!!
Hey, there's a huge oil field opening up down here in Texas! Beeville is fixing to boom! They need water truck drivers here too!!!! I'm excited for your change and wish you the best.
Auntie Carol
I'm still struggling here...give me some time.
Thanks.
Post a Comment