Jan 11, 2011

Slacker...

I decided that since I was talking to Ron about FOUR times a day...the daily posts were just getting  redundant. Well...he called me on it, so I'll TRY to do better.  But I'm done taking pictures of all the little things we do. Sorry babe! So here's a little catch up from the last...11 days.

I started packing...

Planned 2 birthday parties...
Picked up a surprise b-day present for Madilyn, unfortunately, she fell asleep on the way to town. Ron couldn't bear to miss his little princess' birthday! So he flew home just for a few days!
I had my camera all ready to take a picture of her reaction when Ron woke her up, but I didn't get one snapped.  I needed it set on VIDEO
She woke up,
saw him,
put her forehead in her hands,
then shook her head as she layed back down. 
Then did about 3 double takes after that! 
She could not believe her dad was home!!

We celebrated Madilyn'sc b-day w/family...but apparently I don't have a picture of the house full of family!! 


 Then we had a tinkerbell party with friends.
 They went on a treasure hunt to find the lost treasure...

 All her friends and their treasures..
Ryker, Trixie, Braydan, Madilyn, and Mack.

We enjoyed a weekend with Camille and Phil...
This was my Christmas present from Camille.  We put the vinal on it together...

then we attempted to make beaded watch bands...those didn't turn out very good. Apparently we didn't listen to the lady at porters very well. Camille ended up with two, and I'm going to have to go back to get more to make mine! We ended up combining our beads to have enough to make her TWO...and we thought we were going to get THREE EACH!!


Yesterday, I made aprons for the kids...(but my memory card wasn't in the camera when I took the pictures, so I'm going to have to take more when they get washed)

and now you are up to date!
As for Ron...

Ron is doing great!  He is LOVING the job!  He admits that it is boring, but he loves getting out and socializing with all the other guys while he is unloading. He's only been over there a month and he's already the talk of the "town". Go figure!  At least with this job its GOOD talk and he's getting along with everyone...Especially the boss!  Its been a complete 180 for him!

He'll be able to start looking for a place for the family to live on the 15th.  Everyone says if you find a place you like, don't think twice about it, it will be gone in HOURS!  The oil boom there has caused the housing market to skyrocket (in price, not construction)!   So we are waiting until we have enough for a deposit, usually first and last months rent before we started looking. We don't want to get our hopes up and then get disapointed when what we want isn't available on payday.  So for now I am doing as much packing now as I can, because when I get that phone call saying we've got a place, I won't have much notice to pack before Ron comes back to get us.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is such great news!! I'm so glad that things are going well for your sweet family. (BTW, I think it is freakin' adorable that Ron flew home for Madilyn's birthday, he really does have a heart! LOL!)
I talked to my friend Elizabeth the other day. She lives in Minot on the AFB. She says she's in the 1st ward and that you guys are welcome to call them anytime. She says that her hubby would love to take Ron hunting or fishing! Send me a message on FB if you'd like her number.

Brianna Tuckett said...

What fun pictures!! You have been way busy!! If you need, when you go to make your watch bands you are welcome to come and buy beads off of me so that you only buy what you need and don't have to buy a whole strand :) Just an option :)

I hope you can find a place to live soon just so that you guys can be together as a family again. Most certainly NOT because we want to give you up!!