Oct 5, 2009

Fall Canning

When we planted our garden this year, we did it with the intentions of being able to bottle or freeze our harvests! We are trying to be more self reliant. Needless to say I have been one busy women. I am SO glad to be done! Don't get me wrong, I actually really enjoyed doing it. But I am very anxious to get started working on my quilt of three years! I have a few sewing projects I'm dying to do but I can't start them till I finish this way cute quilt! Anyway, I am very proud of the results of my canning this year! I ended with a grand total of:

59 quarts of peaches
74 pints of Green Beans
10 pints of cherries
12 pints of pickles
8 pints of beats
21 quarts of Pears
16 bags of Carrots
80 something bags of Corn (400 cobs)

Oh and
1 bag of peas...


waiting for the peaches to ripen



Just a few of the bottles of peaches



One of my three cupboards and I still need to find a spot for 21 more jars of pears!!



The corn anxiously awaiting for me...



Madilyn loved shelling the peas!



Carrots...obviously!



...and the pears

WE LOVE COMMENTS:

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You are AmAzInG! What the perfect little farmer's wife you are! Good work, everything looks delicious!

Bobi... said...

You're either very smart to do this... or very cRaZy! I'm going with CrAzY! :o)

Janice said...

Good Job!!! I got my canning done in 15 minutes. (case lot sale at Broulim's) :)

Angela said...

All I can say is WOW! seriously you are my hero!