Nov 3, 2009

Carving Pumpkins!

I can't believe I almost forgot to post about our pumpkin carving expereince!! We got a MASSIVE pumpkin from Larry's garden. It rolled around in Ron's pick-up for a day or two before he pulled it out. It was one SAD looking pumpkin! The Monday before Halloween we carved it! Madilyn was so excited, she couldn't wait for dinner to be over so we could carve that pumpkin. "It makes me so happy!" she would say!!




Anxiously watching dad cut off the top!!


She looks SO excited doesn't she? -Once she finally got to help she wasn't too sure about it!  She'd take a TINY handful out, then wipe her hands off on the towel before she would take another "pinch" out!


It didn't take too long before she got bored and started doing handstands and summersalts!


But she was right there in the middle of the action as soon as Dad started  carving!


Landon thought it was great too!


Well, tasted great anyway!!


Madilyn and her Jack-o-lantern!

She even picked out the face!  I drew three faces and this is the one she wanted-I asked her about five different time which one she wanted, she picked this one EVERY time!   When we got done and plugged it in (I forgot to buy candles so my handy man rigged it up with a lightbulb) Madilyn took one look at it and said "Oooohhhhh!  Its so CUTE!" -She must be more of a girl than a give her credit for!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

Angela said...

that is a great pumpkin...we didn't get around to carving this year...seeing your makes me jealous! glad you had fun for both of us!