SO I've seen a few friends do a top 100 list about themselves for their 100th post. I decided it would be fun to try...Right now I'm only on post #74...but I thought I better get started because I don't know if I can come up with 100 things about ME!
1. Lets start with the basics..My full name is Brittney (Boyer) Hunting. Nope, no middle name. My dad thought a girl had enough names by the time she got married.
2. I was born in Provo, Utah while my dad was finishing his master degree in civil engineering at BYU and my mom worked as the emergency room receptionist.
3. I have three sisters. Allison, Camille, and Dianna.
4. Growing up I usually got along with Allison. She was my big sister and I wanted to be JUST LIKE HER!
5. I'd have to say that even though I hated it when Camille was around me and my friends when I was younger, she's one of my best friends now.
6. I've really enjoyed the time I've gotten to spend with Dianna and getting to know her. She's practically an only child now!!!
7. I'm not good at making conversation! I HATE IT! I hate that I'm no good at it, and I hate trying to make conversation. (my mind just goes blank and I never know what to talk about.) So sometimes I try to avoid situations just so I won't have to talk.
8. Having kids really helps with #7.
9. I always thought I was a pretty easy going person, lately I've realized I get pretty frustrated when things don't go my way, or people don't do things the way I would have done them.
10. I HATE having a messy/cluttered house.
11.I am terrible at picking up after myself. (I know it makes no sense to me either)
12. I love cleaning the house when I am home alone. I always have, but even more so now. I get it done so much faster when I don't have 2 little rug rats undoing all my work!
13. I think I have THE 2 cutest kids EVER...and their personalities make them that much cuter.
14. I miss my tanning days.
15. I'm not big into fashion for me. I love that everyone else is and I want to me, but I worry too much that I won't be able to "pull it off".
16. I worry about what everyone else thinks-and I always have.
17. I love to plan, organize, and make schedules...but I never follow through with them.
18. I love to get up early, I just have a hard time getting myself out of bed.
19. I fall asleep through most movies.
20. I'm not good at staying up late...unless I'm busy doing something, or home alone.
21. I HATE going to bed alone.
22. I love my little family more than anything else.
23. I loved gardening and canning last year, I'm having a hared time jumping on board this year.
24. I'm not so good at the gardening thing. I get too impatient waiting for it...it doesn't get fun until you start seeing the results.
25. Last year was my first year of hard core canning! It makes me feel so good, like I'm actually being a good homemaker. I love seeing the end result and KNOWING I have food storage!
26. I dated lots and had lots of guys chase me...but Ronald was my first BOYFRIEND.
27. I've only kissed ONE boy!
28. I had/have "guyaphobia". aka boys and being around boys totally scared me in high school. I thought getting married and out of the dating scene would solve that problem, but they still make me nervous.
29. I didn't date in high school because I didn't think the guys really liked me...I was afraid I was just going to be the laughing stock of the school if I actually said I'd go out with someone.
30. I wouldn't let Ron kiss me for the first 2 months we dated...and I didn't LET him kiss me the first time either...he caught me COMPLETELY off guard.
31. I never needed lots of friends. As long as I had ONE I was content.
32. I HATE being in big groups.
33. I hate being the center of attention.
34. I play the flute.
35. I hated marching band my freshman year, but loved it sophomore year.
36. I wish I played the piano better. I love it when I can sit down and just play...but I have to work REALLY hard to get to that point for each song.
37. I was the seminary pianist my sophomore year. Everyone was SICK..I mean SICK of Nearer My God to Thee and Sweet Hour of Prayer by the end of the year!
38. I love genealogy and family history.
39. I played softball for 3 years.
40. I took ballet and tap in 2nd grade.
41. I was a rat in the nutcracker in 4th grade.
42. Every year in elementary school I had a new best friend.
43. I loved Joy School.
44. My mom used to always take us to the duck pond, park, and library.
45. I like history, especially American History. It fascinates me.
46. I don't retain any knowledge!
47. I'm spacey.
48. I like doing math when I actually understand it. I think its fun, but...(49)
49. I make everything harder than it really needs to be.
50. I love doing crafts.
51. I took art my senior. I actually really like it. I loved drawing sketches. I'm disappointed I never got my sketch book back.
52. I hated coach Jackson's Pre-AP English class, but I learned that I love writing! It my way to express myself since I don't do so hot verbally.
53. I am a list maker. I have notebooks and notebooks of list after list!
54. I used to think sewing was for old ladies, but its actually pretty fun.
55. I love having projects to work on.
56. I have to have deadlines to make myself actually work on them.
57. I love to sleep. I have a hard time when it comes to nap times for the kids. Do I sit and relax and take a nap with them...or do I get something accomplished?
58. I HAVE to have my quiet time during the day.
59. Eating makes me sleepy.
60. I love to work out once I'm finally doing it. It just takes a lot for me to get the motivation to actually DO IT!
61. I was never much of a chocolate eater. I preferred the fruity candy.
62. After Landon was born I became a chocoholic. I can't get enough chocolate!
63. I still don't think I'm getting old.
64. I hate washcloths. I hate keeping track of which one is the clean one for the day. I'd rather use papertowls and clorox wipes. But I still use washcloths.
65. I wish I could be high maintenance but it really isn't me.
66. I love to read. I didn't discover this until I was out of college and I could read for FUN! Not because I had to!
67. I am a certified elementary teacher.
68. I went into El-ED because I really didn't know what was out there to do. I knew it would be a good thing to fall back on if I ever needed a job. It would be nice to work the same hours as my kids.
69. I refuse to teach now because I now I'll put to much time and energy into teaching and put my kids on the back burner. I'm afraid while I'm at school, I'll spend my time thinking about my kids and while I'm at home I'm afraid I'll focus more on my students and work. I don't want to do a half job. I want to be able to put my all into everything I do.
70. I've learned I need to enjoy the moments and not focus so much on getting things marked off the list. I need to be flexible and just go with the flow.
71. I'm VERY lazy!!
72. I really enjoy being outside.
73. Its amazing how much better I feel when I shower and get ready for the day, but sometimes I need a lazy day to appreciate the difference!
74. I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom.
75. I don't spend enough time actually playing with my kids.
76. I don't have an imagination.
77. I think I'm a very boring person.
78. I am naive.
79. I wish I wasn't so judgemental.
80. I wish I had lots of money.
81. I loved the religion classes at BYU-Idaho. The teachers are so knowledgeable!
82. I love the security the gospel brings to me.
83. I wish I was more outgoing.
84. I need a responsibility to get out and be a part of things.
85. I wish I had done tumbling/gymnastics when I was little.
85. I was the JV Cheerleading Coach a couple years ago. I loved it, but I wish I could have offered more to the girls.
86. I have a passion for cheering. I only did it one year in junior high. I loved it, but I was too concerned about fitting in to actually be myself. I am extremely slow at learning things so I saw myself as the awkward one...which didn't help in those rough junior high years.
89. I hated my freshman year of high school.
90. My favorite year was sophomore year.
91. I wish I had done more in my college years to be apart of the school. (But that's what happens when you date then marry someone not in school.)
92. NO, that doesn't mean I regret dating Ron. I LOVE HIM!! I don't know what I would do without him.
93. I wish I had had a real job in high school. Working at Arby's during college was one of the best things for me.
94. I'm terrible at spelling. TERRIBLE.
95. All I want is for my kids to be happy with their lives.
96. I miss going on real dates with Ron-the ones that don't include going to Wal-mart!!
97. I love it when Ron and I have real conversations-about things other than the day to day happenings.
98. I miss being able to be spontaneous.
99. I love traveling. Some day I'd love to go back east and to the midwest. I've always wanted to go to London.
100. all in all I LOVE MY LIFE!!!

3 comments:
You are just too cute! I didn't realize how similar we are, but we do have many things in common. I had no idea you were a softball player! I also hate making up conversation. In fact, I was just pondering it today. I wish that I could be more exciting and sociable but I don't know how. I guess that's just not me. I really love that David and I can just be happy being together instead of trying to keep eachother entertained. We can drive all of the way to Idaho Falls without saying a word and we're both perfectly happy with that. So the next time you & I are together let's just enjoy each other's company and not worry about making conversation. I'm not judging you or thinking that you're boring. I enjoy not having to converse!
I'm very proud of you for holding out on Ron! That's awesome!
That's enough rambling for me now!!
I am SO with you on hating washcloths!! I can't even tell you how much money I spend on paper towles!! This past birthday, Annette gave me a package of 100 shop towels that I can just throw away after one use- love them!!
That was so much fun to read. I know I'm behind, but today, I've been trying to catch up on blogging. So cute! Loved it!
Post a Comment