Aug 15, 2010

Enchondroma

I know some people are still curious about my tumor...and so was I.  Here is some research I did what I found out.  The Doc said it was called...
 "Enchondroma"
Enchondroma is a benign bone tumor that originates from cartilage. The exact cause of it is unknown.  But they believe it is to occur either as an overgrowth of the cartilage that lines the ends of the bones, or as a persistent growth of original, embryonic cartilage.  The bones most often involved are the smaller long bones of the hands and feet. But it can also involve other bones such as the femur, humerus, or tibia. It may affect an individual at any age, but  it is most common between the ages of 10 to 20.

Which is basically exactly what the doctor had told me...just at differenct times so I didn't put two and two together that cartilage could be a tumor..but I guess a tumor is just an excess growth of "something"..in this case cartilage! 

IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT!!
(thankgoodness)

No comments: