Sep 6, 2010

GRAIN HARVEST!

One thing I really miss about dating Ron, is grain harvest.  After work I would go visit Ron in the grain fields while he cut the grain with the combine.  I think that was the last year he actually got to run the grain combine.  Now he drives truck and hauls the grain to either Bush, General Mills, or the grain bins to store until they decide to sell it.  I LOVE the combine!  I LOVE the watching the header sweep up the grain, it is SO COOL!  I don't think I could get sick of it!  Ron had to run Tyrel's machine for him for an evening and afternoon last week.  I took him dinner and the kids and I made a couple rounds with him.  The new combine is HUGE! I have never seen such a big header!
Landon was SO excited when he saw the trucks and machines in the field.  He couldn't contain his excitement! But he wasn't sure what to think once we got out, especially climbing through the windrows of straw to get to the combine!
But once we got in he took in EVERY minute of it!
Just to give you an idea of how BIG it is, that is Ron and just HALF of the header!!


3 comments:

Brianna Tuckett said...

Way cool! I loved riding around with Rusty in the tractor too :) There's just something about it. I've never been in a combine thought so that's pretty cool :) Soundslike you've got a little farmer on your hands in Landon :) Too cute!

Jessica said...

If Terreton wasn't so darn far away I'd haul my kids out there so they could go for a ride because it really is pretty cool! Potato harvest is pretty neat too but it's way colder then!

Mendel Family said...

Ah farming, sometimes I miss being up there in Idaho :)