Spud Harvest is here once again.
That means THIS is how much we get to see Dad:
Yep, just the couple time he drives past the house on his way to another field!
Yep, just the couple time he drives past the house on his way to another field!
Can I just tell you how much I HATE spud harvest!
Not being able to eat meals as a family
Dad leaving before kids are awake
Dad coming home after kids are asleep in bed
Dad not being home for family scriptures and prayers
Dad not being home for family scriptures and prayers
Not being able to communicate with him between the hours of 7:00 AM and 12:00 AM (on a GOOD day) unless I want to get him fired for talking to someone OTHER than the company!
Not getting a break from the kids
The rumors and BULL that always goes on
The stress that comes with the weather..too hot, cold, wet, or dry, never perfect digging conditions!
Having to go without hunny-do's for a MONTH-things like taking the garbage and mowing the law!
HOWEVER
This year I'm going to make the best of it! I've been EXTREMELY irritable the last couple weeks and its time for a change. I'm going to make the best of spud harvest this year BY:
Waking up early with my hubby and making him a home made breakfast every morning!
Start packing his lunch BEFORE he's ready to go out the door! :)
Make treats for his lunches.
Do fun activities with the kids!
Take advantage of the long hours and DEEP CLEAN the house and shampoo carpets!
Eat CHICKEN everyday!!
Hopefully get into a math class so I can re-certify!
Talk him into going to Yellowstone for the Sunday Conference!
Start working on my projects again!
NO MORE NAPS!
Finish up all my canning and freezing for the year!
Take the kids to go ride in the tractor when he digs the closer fields-sorry Ronald, it was a HASTLE last year, everyday is no longer an option for our growing family!!
Start decorating the house for FALL!
Finish up all my canning and freezing for the year!
Take the kids to go ride in the tractor when he digs the closer fields-sorry Ronald, it was a HASTLE last year, everyday is no longer an option for our growing family!!
Start decorating the house for FALL!
It took me a while, but I used to really enjoy spud harvest. I loved being outside and driving truck-once I finally got out of my comfort zone! I LOVED making amazing bucks in just a few (LONG) weeks. But that's not the case anymore. Its impossible to send the kids off to a babysitter for 15 hours a day 6 days a week for nearly a month.
HAPPY SPUD HARVEST EVERYONE!


2 comments:
WOW, you are good. I'm pretty sure my husband would wonder what I was up to if I did any of those things on your list! You are a great mom/wife!
I love your list of things you want to do to stay positive. I need to make a list too. Matt has been out of town the last 3 weeks, and still has 2 more weeks of traveling. Then after Thanksgiving he will be doing holiday orders, and let's just say it will be just like the experience of spud harvest. It is hard to do it on your own, but I guess I am just glad we have a great job that pays the bills!
Post a Comment