Jun 28, 2010

SUMMER LOVIN'

Until the end of last week I was HATING Idaho. 
 SERIOUSLY HATING IDAHO! 
 I hate that winter has to last so stinkin long! 
I love the snow
(now that I don't have to drive 35 miles in it
ONE WAY everyday to get to school/work). 
 I love that we actually have seasons like spring and fall!  I love the change. 
But the wind is OBNOXIOUS!
And that fact that it wouldn't get over 68 degrees was seriously killing me. 

I've realized I'm still used to having 8-9 months of SUMMER not 8-9 months of WINTER.  I hate feeling trapped in the house, building fires to keep the house warm, putting plastic on the windows so you can't enjoy the little bit of sunshine we do get during those LONG WINTER MONTHS! 

 But the last couple weeks have been
 HEAVEN
 for me! 

We've been able to spend our days outside for the most part. 

We LOVE
...the swing set
...our walks/bike rides around the school
...playing in the sprinkler
...doing yard work
...gardening
...laying out and attempting to get a tan
...being able to walk wherever we want to go (church, library, school)


Today I even cleaned the outside windows...which lead to "pressure washing" the house.  ANYTHING to stay outside and enjoy the sun while we have it!!

We're loving this summer weather and hope its lasts THROUGH October!! 
 (I know I know...I'm still in Idaho...but I can at least wish!)

*NOTE: Ronald is not included in the "WE"
The 8-9 months of Idaho Winter is in his blood!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I think you need to clarify just a bit. You are talking about EASTERN IDAHO!!!!

Western Idaho is glouriously hot today with not a cloud in the sky! The 4th is supposed to be in the high 70s! FOR REALs. Perhaps you and Ron should talk about moving here!!!!

Brittney said...

Its wonderful now...but I was begining to wonder if summer was ever going to get here a couple weeks ago! :)

USA said...

I forgot to even look at the windows when I came by this afternoon! SORRY! Garden looks fabulous though and the flowers...NICE!!! (They look like some of mine!)