Dec 20, 2010

One terrifying surprise!

So I never sleep very well when Ron is gone. This week has been no different. Saturday night I heard some strange noises. I got up and checked on the kids. Everything seemed normal so I headed back to bed.  A suburban on the other side of the yard caught my eye as I walked through the kitchen. I watched it creep through the yard and slowly pull out. It made me nervous since I didn't recognize the vehicle and it was going unusually slow, but since it was leaving I told myself there was nothing to worry about.
I headed to my dark room to see
the silhouette of a man standing next to my bed.
I flipped out. I didn't know what to do...or if it was even real. I screamed and did a panic dance while wondering

who was in my house, why they were there,
and what I was going to do if I really wasn't just making it up!

Finally I heard Ron's voice while I was searching for the lights. He had come home and didn't tell me because he wanted to surprise me.
What a JERK! Surprises are supposed to be NICE, not give you panic attacks!!
But I am grateful it was him and that he is home!  Who knows what I would have done had it been someone else!

8 comments:

Lundholm Fam said...

That is so funny! I was worried for you at the beginning, but I had to laugh. So happy he is home. I will be home in 3 days!!!

Annette said...

That is SOOO Funny! I would've been terrified too! Glad you guys get to see eachother!

Jessica said...

That is pretty funny! I would have started crying. But David wouldn't do that because we have too many guns lying around the house! We need to see you guys at Christmas because we might not be in town for New Years.

USA said...

I'm so glad he's home. That was NOT a good idea on his part (to sneak in on you), but I'm glad he he made it and all is well!

Mendel Family said...

Oh my gosh, I would have flipped! Matt travels a lot, so I know how you feel being the only adult in the house. I have considered putting a bat under my bed :) Glad it was just Ron!

Bobi... said...

Scary... right up until the exciting kicked in! So glad your mystery man is home to visit! :)

Melanie said...

I would have punched him before I hugged him! :)

Brianna Tuckett said...

Holy Cow!!! That gave ME a heart attack just reading about it! I'm soooo glad it was Ron though :) That really is pretty funny though and totally something I can see him doing :) Glad he's home to spend some time with you and the kiddos :)